Style Like Who? U, Of Course.
A while ago I was asked by the endlessly inspiring website StyleLikeU to illustrate seven of the many incredible muses featured on their site. StyleLikeU provides a The Selby-esque view into unique and stylish people’s private spaces and wardrobes. They’ve gotten into the closets and heads of such intriguing personalities as singer Lana Turner; model Irina Lazareanu; designers Cynthia Rowley, Timo Weiland and Pamela Love; artist Terence Koh; and bloggers Karla Deras, Yvan Rodic, Jane Aldridge and Mary Lee, among so many others.
Naturally, I was ever so flattered to be asked to illustrate such esteemed company. I chose the following seven captivating characters to illustrate:
- Sibyl Buck; model, yoga teacher, musician, actress and mother who lives a relatively bucolic life in Topanga Canyon while continuing to rock her bass guitar with The Lonely Astronauts
- Karla Deras; fashion blogger and entrepreneur extraordinaire for the popular blog Karla’s Closet
- Trae Harris; stunning performance artist and writer also known by the stage names Set and Tep
- Olek; artist and sculptor whose insane crocheted masterpieces have covered entire apartments, graced the “Charging Bull” statue on Wall Street, and appeared in numerous galleries
- Kristen Lee; co-owner and director of LA’s TenOverSix fashion and design emporium, as well as master shoe designer who has collaborated with Vena Cava and others
- Andrea Linett; creative director of eBay Fashion, co-founder and former creative director of Lucky Magazine, founder of I Want To Be Her! blog, and queen of effortless cool
- Loan Tran; artist and performer gracing the streets of Manhattan